Do You Want to Apply for Australian Citizenship?
Are you a migrant who has already secured a permanent resident visa in Australia? Are you a child of a current or former Australian citizen? Are you a New Zealand citizen who has permanent residency in Australia? If you answer "yes" to any of these questions, you might be eligible to apply for an Australian citizenship.
What You Need to Apply for Australian Citizenship
To receive Australian citizenship eligibility, you must be able to fulfil all the necessary requirements, which include:
- Having a permanent resident status
- Continuing or is likely to reside in Australia and have ties with the country
- Meeting the residency requirements
- Be at least 18 years old and a person of good character
Who can apply for an Australian citizenship?
To apply for an Australian citizenship, you must be:
- A migrant who has already obtained permanent resident visa
- A child of an Australian citizen or former citizen of Australia
- The Partner or spouse of an Australian citizen
- A refugee or humanitarian entrant
- A Commonwealth Child Migration Scheme arrival
- A person born in Papua New Guinea before independence in 1975
- A former citizen of Australia who want to resume citizenship
- A citizen of New Zealand
For Current Citizens of New Zealand
For New Zealand citizens planning to apply for an Australian citizenship, you must have secured a Special Category visa and arrived in Australia before the 26th of February 2001. For those who arrived in the country after February 26, 2001, they should have obtained a permanent residency visa first before they can apply for Australian citizenship.
The Australian government provides different options when applying for a citizenship. Depending on your chosen citizenship option, you may fill out a specific application form, provide proof of your identity, and submit certain documents. You may also be required to take a citizenship test, which will determine if you have adequate English language skills and knowledge of Australian society, culture, and customs.
If you want to know how to apply for Australian citizenship¸ we can help. ISA Migrations provides advice and counselling services to help you fulfil your dream of becoming a bona fide citizen of Australia. We'll equip you with the knowledge you require to help ensure the success of your application.
Contact us today to talk to one of our citizenship consultants.