Work and Study in Latvia
Many of the graduate jobs can be found in Latvia. The international students may work for at least 20 hours per week on a part time basis.
- The main industries for working in Latvia are wood products, processed foods, textiles, processed metals, electronics and synthetic fibers.
- Many universities in Latvia give internships to the students. The placements begin in the summer and last from about four weeks to one year.
- The professional internships in technology, management, education and development are available from six weeks to 18 weeks.
- You may search for varied placements in Latvia on the various placement zones.
- There are many international companies that provide internships in Latvia.
- There are some companies that make an effort to make the future of the students secure in Latvia.
- The students may get an offer letter from the university or college.
- To work part time is allowed in Latvia. The students may work for 20 hours per week in Latvia.
- One may also work for forty hours per week in Latvia during vacations and holidays.
Latvia has got an enormous potential with respect to providing of the jobs. You may contact us to know more about the prospect of work and study in Latvia. To work and study in Latvia for international students has its own challenges and one can prosper a lot while working in Latvia.
Study in Latvia
- The academic programmes that lead to a Bachelor's degree have 120 to 160 national credit points and those include mandatory subjects, electives and thesis.
- The academic programmes that lead to a Master's degree have got eighty national credit points.
- The course duration of the full time studies has got four semesters that is for two years.
- The main aim of the academic higher education is to make the students prepare graduates for independent research and also provide theoretical background for professional activities.
- Academic education programmes are utilized in accordance to the national standard of academic education.
- The professional programmes that lead to a professional bachelor's degree have got one hundred and sixty national credit points of which there are general courses, theoretical courses, specialized courses, and optional courses.
The main aim of the professional higher education is to give in-depth awareness in a specific field and prepare the graduates for design or improvement of systems, technologies and products. You may contact us to know more about how to study in Latvia. If you want to study in Latvia, it will be an interesting opportunity for you.
Education system in Latvia
- The education system in Latvia has got higher education that consists academic and professional study programmes.
- The assessment of the students is in the ten point scale for criteria like obtained skills, attitude towards learning and dynamics of learning accomplishments.
- The teachers may utilize pass or fail in case it is not feasible to evaluate the accomplishments in the ten point scale.
- The one point credit system in Latvia has got the amount of workload of one week of full time studies.
- The scheduled amount of full time studies for one academic year is usually forty credits.
- The holders of vocational educational diplomas and secondary education certificates are eligible for admission to higher education.
- The universities are free to tell which elective subjects have to be taken at the secondary school in order to qualify for admission to a selected programme.
- The procedure for admission may differ and that depends on the level of competition.
The higher education system creates a difference between academic and professional institutions of higher education and programmes between university and non-university type of programmes or institutions. You may contact us to know more about the higher education system in Latvia.
Cost of living in Latvia
- The cost of living in Latvia is lower in comparison to the other developed European states.
- The dormitories or student hostel is between 70 to 120 Euros.
- The public transport tickets for the students is 16 Euros per month.
- The tickets for the cinema is usually between five to ten Euros.
- The cost of food in Latvia is equal to the Latvian average and earns a score of 1 out of 2.
- The cost of transportation in Latvia is equal to the Latvian average and earns a score of 1 out of 2.
- The average living costs in Latvia are lower in comparison to the other cities particularly in the other cities.
- If you move to the capital of Latvia that is Riga, it will lessen your everyday expenses of living.
The cost of living in Latvia suits the international students to a great extent. You may contact us to know more about the cost of living in Latvia for the international students.