How much will it cost to apply for the Australian citizenship?
The application fee must be included along with the application. The corresponding fee for this is AUD 285, unless the applicant is qualified for a concession.
Do all applicant need to sit the citizenship test?
No. A person does not need to sit the test if he is:
- aged under 18
- 60 years old and above
- suffering from any substantial illness or loss of sight, speech or hearing
- able to show the specialist a medical proof of a permanent or enduring physical mental capacity, which means, he cannot understand the nature of his application, demonstrate a basic English knowledge, and demonstrate an adequate knowledge about Australia, as well as the privileges and responsibilities of citizenship
- is born to a former citizen of Australia
- is born in Papua before September 16, 1975, to a citizen of Australia who is born in the said country as presently defined
- is stateless and is born in Australia
When one is travelling outside Australia, can he still apply for the citizenship?
Yes, one can still obtain the citizenship but in most conditions, application is not approvable when the applicant is outside Australia. If there is a need to travel abroad while the application is on process, it is important to contact the migration company. Before leaving, the person needs to be sure he has a valid passport, as well as a Resident Return Visa.