In Country Special Humanitarian Subclass 201 | Apply For 201 Visa

In country Special Humanitarian (subclass 201)

In country Special Humanitarian subclass 201 enables the applicants to stay in Australia indefinitely along with permission to work and study. It is a permanent residence visa.
The applicants of the In-country Special Humanitarian visa subclass 201 must present a detailed document (written in English) to explain their humanitarian circumstances. It should clearly state why they fear to stay in their home country.

You can apply for humanitarian visa subclass 201 if

  • Live in your own country
  • Could not abandon your home country to get refuge in any other location
  • Suffer from persecution and related victimization in your home country

The humanitarian visa allows you to:

  • Live in Australia permanently
  • Work and study in Australia
  • Engage in English language classes
  • Acquire social security payments
  • Enrol in Medicare and take advantage of healthcare benefits
  • Invite your family members for permanent residence
  • Apply for Australian citizenship (depending on eligibility)
  • If a member of your immediate family has procured the humanitarian visa subclass 201, he/she can propose for the visa.
  • The applicant must have no financial obligations to the Australian government. In case if there are any outstanding payments, the individual must clear them before the grant of the visa. The proposer must hold the permanent humanitarian visa.
  • Applicants must fulfil the basic health requirements. Dependent family members included in the application must also fulfil the health requirements. Health waivers can be exercised if you have a compelling set of conditions.
  • Applicant must possess good character and satisfy the character requirements. No substantial criminal record or involvement in offences must be found.
What is the cost of the visa?

There is no application charge for the visa. The Australian government is liable to pay for the complete costs including travel costs, health examination, and cultural orientation.

Can I move out of Australia after the grant of humanitarian visa subclass 201?

Yes, you can freely move out of Australia after the visa has been granted. A Resident Return visa is mandatory if you want to travel outside Australia after five years of grant of the visa.

Does my location matter at the time of visa lodgement?

Yes, your location matters when you are lodging the In-country special humanitarian visa. You must be out of Australia at the time of visa lodgement. Also, you must be outside Australia when the visa is granted.

Which documents do I need if I apply under the “Split Family” provisions?

If you apply under the “Split Family” provisions, you must supply the following prosper documents:

  • Authenticated copy of the proposer’s visa
  • Adequate proof of relationship with your prosper. This could include birth or marriage certificate.

Do I need to present evidence of relationship people nominated in the visa application?

Yes, you need to supply evidence of your relationship with prosper. You need to present certified copies of birth, marriage, and joint bank account details.

Provided information should not be taken as exhaustive, additional requirements for the visa do apply. Visa requirements may differ as per individual circumstances. For your eligibility assessment visit one of our qualified professionals.

Inquire Now
contact us
Read Our Reviews