Women At Risk Visa (Subclass 204) Australia | Apply For Subclass 204 Visa

Women at Risk Visa (subclass 204)

The Woman at risk visa subclass 204 is applicable for the female applicants who want to live, study and work in Australia. It is a permanent visa. Applicants who want to apply for the visa subclass 204 must have a recommendation by the United Nations Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) to the Australian government. This reference makes their application considered for relocation to Australia.
The humanitarian visa 204 holders can sponsor their families for permanent residence in Australia. They can include dependent family members in the visa application.

Females who fulfil the below mentioned requirements can apply for visa subclass 204:

  • Live outside Australia
  • Live outside your homeland
  • Are subject to harassment, abuse, persecution or victimization on the basis of gender
  • Have no male relatives for protection

The visa subclass 204 allows the applicants to:

  • Live in Australia permanently
  • Study and work in Australia
  • Take up the Medicare membership and avail its healthcare benefits
  • Enrol for the English language classes
  • Obtain social security payments
  • Apply for the Australian citizenship ( if they have spent 4 years in Australia)
  • Sponsor family members for permanent residence in Australia
  • Members of your immediate family can propose you under the “Split Family” clause for visa subclass 204 if they have lived for 5 years in Australia after the visa grant.
  • Fulfil the basic health requirements. A health waiver is applicable under some irrefutable circumstances
  • Fulfil the character requirements. There should be no involvement in unlawful activities. A police clearance certificate must be presented from the country where you have lived for a year or more after the age of 16.
  • Sign the Australian Values Statement (available with the visa application) if you are above 18 years of age
  • The applicant must not bear any debts to the Australian government. All debts should be clear prior to the grant of visa.
Where should I apply from?

You must be out of Australia at the time when you are lodging an application for the visa subclass 204. Also, you must be away from Australia when the visa is granted.

Can I travel outside Australia after the visa is granted?

If you want to move out of Australia, you will require the travel document. You will need the Resident Return Visa to enter in Australia when a period of five years of visa grant.

How much do I need to pay for the woman at risk visa subclass 402?

YThere are no costs for the visa. The Australian government bears all the travel costs along with other additional expenses such as health examinations.

Do I need to give evidence of my status as a refugee?

Yes, you need to show evidence of registration with a global organization concerned with refugees. An elaborate written statement (in English) stating why you left the country.


Submit the copy of UNHCR Resettlement Registration form.

Provided information should not be taken as exhaustive, additional requirements for the visa do apply. Visa requirements may differ as per individual circumstances. For your eligibility assessment visit one of our qualified professionals.

Inquire Now
contact us
Read Our Reviews