New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship Visa (subclass 461) Australia From India | Apply for New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship Visa (subclass 461)

New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship Visa (subclass 461)

Are you a non-New Zealand family member of a New Zealand citizen, a fiancé, married or in a de facto relationship with your partner who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand Citizen, have a dream to live and work in Australia. If your answer to all of the above questions is yes, then New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (temporary) Visa (subclass 461) is an ideal option for you to choose from the visas available to stay in Australia. This visa lets you stay and work in Australia for up to five years.

The Subclass 461 visa can be obtained if you are:

  • Not a citizen of New Zealand
  • You must be a part of a family of a New Zealand citizen and not an eligible New Zealand citizen
  • Your New Zealand citizen family must be travelling to Australia with you and will be issued a special category visa subclass 444 or should already hold the same.
  • You must be either the child, step child or partner of a New Zealand citizen

With the Australian visa subclass 461 you get a permit to live, work and study in the country for a maximum of five years. You can stay or travel to-and-from Australia for a period of five years from the date the visa is issued.

Generally, an individual might be eligible for a visa subclass 461 if:

  • You have your own private health insurance as under this visa you will not get a medical coverage by Australia’s national health scheme, Medicare
  • You do not hold any debts towards Australian Government or if any then have already arranged for the repayment
  • All your family members including yourself must pass the health requirements
  • You should present a certificate of character as required by immigration department
How long it takes to process this visa?

The average processing time as claimed for this visa is 75 percent of the applications in less than a year and 90 percent processes within fifteen months.

Can I renew this visa of mine even I am not related to the special category visa holder anymore?

Yes, even if your relation with special category visa holder has ended and you wish to extend your partner visa you can do so as long as you have retained Australian residency and have stayed in the country for at least couple of years.

Where do I have to be while lodging an application for this visa?

You can be either onshore or offshore when you apply for a subclass 461 visa.

Provided information should not be taken as exhaustive, additional requirements for the visa do apply. Visa requirements may differ as per individual circumstances. For your eligibility assessment visit one of our qualified professionals.

Inquire Now
contact us
Read Our Reviews