Contributory Aged Parent Visa (subclass 884) – Temporary Australia From India | Apply for Contributory Aged Parent Visa (subclass 884) – Temporary

Contributory Aged Parent Visa (subclass 884) – Temporary

Contributory Aged Parent Visa (subclass 884) allows older parents to live in Australia for up to two years if they are a parent of an Australian citizen, a permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled in Australia. Be given this Parent Visa, you are also entitled to receive the Australian aged pension.
  • You can apply for this visa if any of your child, eligible family member or relative is ready to sponsor you
  • Person sponsoring you, be able to provide assurance for financial support during your stay
  • Their child or the family member has legally lived in Australia for at least two years prior to their lodging of visa application

This Parent visa lets you stay in Australia as a temporary resident for maximum of two years and later apply for Contributory Aged Parent Visa (subclass 864) if you have a desire to live permanently in the country.

  • Applicant must meet the age criteria to get Australian age pension
  • The minimum age to receive pension in Australia is 65 or more depending on the country you belong to
  • You must pass the test for Balance of Family that is at least half of your children should be living in Australia permanently
  • You must meet both the character and health requirements
  • You do hold any outstanding debts to the Australian government and have arranged to repay the same, if any
  • Applicants stand ineligible to apply for this Parent Visa Australia if their visa got cancelled any time previously
Can I extend my subclass 884?

Contributory Aged Parent Visa (subclass 884) is non-extendable, however if you wish to stay longer or permanently in Australia you may apply for Visa (subclass 864) which lets you stay forever in the country.

What does this visa allow me to do in Australia?

This visa allows you to work, study, get access to Australia’s health care scheme, Medicare and receive aged pension from the government.

Do I have to be in Australia while applying for this visa?

Applicant who is applying for this visa must be in Australia while lodging an application and even when the decision is made to grant the Parent Visa.

Provided information should not be taken as exhaustive, additional requirements for the visa do apply. Visa requirements may differ as per individual circumstances. For your eligibility assessment visit one of our qualified professionals.

Inquire Now
contact us
Contributory Aged Parent Visa Subclass 884
Read Our Reviews