The applicants must fulfil the following:
Significant Business History Stream:
- Have assets of AUD 400,000 at least along with ownership interest in one or more proposed businesses before you are invited to apply
- No involvement in unfair business deals
- Genuine commitment to run business in Australia
- Demonstrate a prosperous business career
- The maximum age limit to apply for the business investment visa in Australia is 55 years. However the state/territory can abjure this factor if your intended business brings high value to the Australian economy.
Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream:
- Signed a formal agreement with the venture capital that will assist in funding
- Obtained AUD 1 million to the minimum for AVCL
- The procured funds must be used for business start-up or existing business which will deliver high economic benefits.
The applicant must not bear any outstanding debts to the Australian government. In case if there are any debts, he/she must make prior arrangements to pay the debt before the grant of the visa.
The individuals must fulfil all the health and character requirements. Health examination and insurance are mandatory. A police clearance certificate is needed to demonstrate good character. There must be no records of involvement in illegal activities.