Child Visa (subclass 101) – Offshore Australia From Ghana | Apply for Child Visa (subclass 101) – Offshore

Child Visa (subclass 101) – Offshore

A child can now lawfully go to or stay in Australia provided that they meet certain standards and criteria to obtain the Child visa. This visa is available for young individuals who are adopted, independent or orphaned children of an Australian permanent resident, an Australian citizen, or an eligible citizen of New Zealand. An adult who wishes to take his child to Australia and let him/her stay here just needs to know the things to consider while applying for this visa.

This visa is available and can be obtained if:

  • The child gets a sponsorship from their parents or parents’ partner
  • The child is below 18 years old
  • If above 18 years of age they must be full-time student and dependent on the sponsoring parent, however has be less than 25 years

Child visa (Subclass 101) is considered as a permanent visa that lets a child below 25 years of age, to stay in Australia with their parents. The parents, then, must sponsor the child and they can also apply for the application to obtain the visa, on behalf of their child. With this visa, the child is allowed to live in Australia for good or permanently and may travel to-and-from Australia for a period of five years from the date of allotment of the visa.

A child might be eligible for a child visa if they are:

  • Single (unmarried, in a de factor relationship, or engaged to be married)
  • She/he is not a holder or owner of a permanent visa, and is
  • The child must pass health and character requirements if he/she is older than 16 years of age
  • The child applying for this visa must not hold any outstanding debts against Australian government

The child visa falls under the category of Family visa in Australia. It is important to note that sponsors must be above 18 years old and at least an Australian permanent resident, a permanent visa holder, an Australian citizen, or an eligible citizen of New Zealand.

For how long my child visa will last for?

Child visa (Subclass 101) is a permanent resident visa of Australia and lasts forever, means after obtaining this visa the child can stay permanently in the country.

Can I study in Australia after obtaining this visa?

Yes, a child can work in Australia after this Family visa has been allotted to them and even can work complying to the Australian laws and regulations.

Can I apply for this visa while I am in Australia on tourist visa, visiting my parents?

As it is an offshore visa, the child applying for it must be outside of Australia when they the application and when the visa grant is given to them.

Provided information should not be taken as exhaustive, additional requirements for the visa do apply. Visa requirements may differ as per individual circumstances. For your eligibility assessment visit one of our qualified professionals.

Inquire Now
contact us
Child Visa Subclass 101
Read Our Reviews