How to Spot a Visa Scam & How To Avoid Being a Victim of it
Some fake migration agents are trying to scam people while they try to go to Australia and try to obtain the visa for it. This is the scam going on in the country for long and many people have become a victim of it. But there are ways how you can spot this scam and avoid being a victim of it. Because the scam is getting serious day by day and so many people are losing their money as well as the visa and hope to go abroad to these scammers.
Signs By Which You Can Spot The Scam:
- If the agents give only their first name and the mobile number to you, it can be a fraud hiding the identity.
- If the agent is not at all willing to tell you the address of their office and call you to meet you in any other places but not in their office, then it can be the case that they don’t even have a legal office and they are doing those fraudulently.
- There has to be some demand for the required documents like English language Test, Education and Work History for the visa as those are important for the application of visa. Other countries like Australia check those documents very closely to grant your visa. But if your agent is not demanding anything like that except money, then there is a fear that he/she is a fraud.
- If you see that an agent is producing fake documents or photographs for the visa purpose then there is a high chance that the agent is a scammer.
- A tourist cannot work in a country abroad. There has to be a work visa if you want to work there. A tourist visa is not enough for working in any foreign country. If your agent tells you that you can work with a tourist visa, then he/she must be a fraud and should not be trusted.
- No one can guarantee you about your visa or resident in a foreign country like Australia from outside that country. If your agent gives you that kind of guarantee then be very aware that the agent might be a scam.
- Receipts or contracts should be signed for each and every money transactions with an agent. If he/she demands only cash and doesn’t issue any receipt or contracts then it is better to avoid him/her.
- The fees for the visa issue should be checked from the website of Australian Department of Home Affairs. It is the official amount of visa fees. If an agent is demanding much higher fees, then you should beware of that agent.
Read More: Double Your Happiness With These 5 Immigration Changes In Australia
How to Avoid Being a Victim of This Type of Scammers:
- Avoid any kind of personal contact given in any illegal ads. Only refer to the legally registered migration companies and their agents.
- Always check the MARN or Migration Agent registration Number of your agent before transaction of any money. It can be found out in the website of the migration company.
- Research for your own visa and ask your agent their full identity details and also the subclass of the visa.
- Do not transfer any money by cash and keep the receipts of all transactions carefully.
- You should not share your unnecessary personal details, bank details or card details.
- Don’t ever give your agent the original documents and identity cards.
Each and every step of yours is the key to your success. If you want to have a good life in abroad, Contact Best Registered Migration Agent Perth. Then please keep these points in mind while applying for a visa and stay safe.