Cost of Living in France
It is quite easy to move around in France. France has got the finest rail networks in the entire world. It is quite simple to travel from one city to another in France. The French roads and highways are the best.
- The French cities have a self service system of bicycle rentals. This system is quite cheap to use and the rentals are quite affordable.
- If you want to travel by car, the highways and roads are the best.
- The fares of the taxis are regulated in France. Most of the licensed taxis have got meters.
- The cost of living in France with respect to food will rely on if you do the shopping for a supermarket chain like Carrefour.
- One of the finest aspect in France is its markets. The markets facilitate cheap bargains and fresh pickings.
- The average cost in Paris for the monthly maintenance charges is 25 Euros.
- The expenses for utility will depend on the property size.
The phone, cable TV and internet will give you a package deal that may drive the expenses to a lower degree and it may be as low as 60 Euros a month for all the three and that may include calls to UK and US. You may contact us to know more about the cost of living in France.
Work and Study in France
- You may work in the mornings in France and relax in the afternoons.
- It is of no significance where you are actually based. You may travel whenever you want to.
- You may work from home some days a week and spend the rest of your time enjoying the city.
- You can get some income from back home and go someplace where the cost of living is quite reasonable. In this way you may put some money in your pocket.
- There are many part time work options for the international students who wish to work and study in France.
- An international student from outside of European Union may work for a maximum of 964 hours.
- In order to work and study in France, the student needs to have a valid residency permit.
- The students do not require to get temporary employment authorization.
- The students in France which include the students enrolled in the first year of university and students enrolled in the language program are eligible to work in France.
- To work and study in France, there is a minimum wage that is applicable for all the working students
- The minimum hourly wage rate is at 9.61 Euros per hour. The student makes approximately 7.67 Euros per hour after lessening.
- A student can apply and get employment at the university she is studying in or any other higher university.
- Students at a university are given a contract for one year.
- A maximum of 670 hours is there in the period between 1st September and 30th June.
- There are 300 hours between July 1st and 31st August that is full time.
- It is pivotal to know that there are some courses that can have in-built internship.
- A student can apply to get a graduate assistantship or research assistantship with the university.
- The job involves helping the professors and that may include tutorials and also helping in research etc.
- In order to work and study in France, a student may apply and work at the international office of the university at any of the available positions.
- Students may take up many jobs outside. Students may take up part time employment in markets, shops and various businesses.
- The awareness of English language makes the chances brighter for the international students.
The jobs are a nice chance for the students to enhance their language skills and also do networking with the locals and earn an additional pocket allowance to enjoy their time in the finest nations of the world. You may contact us to know more about the prospects of work and study in France for international students.
Study in France
Over 17000 students study abroad in France every year. The international students have ten percent of the nation's college student population.
- The higher education in France is appreciated all over the world for its best research and teachers.
- When you study in France, you may focus on any subject.
- You need to opt for a university program in France and that depends on where you belong to.
- Any person from European Union member state would not require a visa to study and may apply directly to the graduate school or university of their liking.
- One will require a student visa or can get one at a French consulate.
- There are several regional offices all over the world that give great information on the degree programs.
- During the course of study in France for international students, you have to exhibit your visa as an evidence of your residency status.
- There are many universities in France that provide bilingual programs or programs taught in the English language. You may contact us to know more about how to study in France.
In case you want to have a degree program taught in French, you need an intermediate level of French. Many of the business schools in France are owned privately.
Education system in France
- The higher education system in France is state funded.
- There is an affordable tuition fees and that depends on the study level.
- Several business schools are owned privately.
- The public universities in France have selective entry exams.
- The examinations are held at the end of each semester that is at the start of July to the September's end.
- The education system in France is considered to be highly successful in the whole world.
- There are a nice number of agriculture high schools in France and also horticultural high schools. These schools provide technical education needed by the gardeners and the farmers.
- The education system in France has got grading that is standardized.
- The grades or marks for tests, assignments, or exams are out of twenty. The pass mark is 10 out of 20.
France has got eighty-two universities and five Catholic universities. There are many private institutes and a few of them award the degrees. You may contact us to know more about the education system in France.