Orphan Relative Subclass 837 Visa Australia | Apply For 837 Visa

Orphan Relative (subclass 837)

Orphan Relative (subclass 837) falls under category of permanent resident visa for an orphan child who does not have parents or anybody else to take care for them except the relatives living in Australia with status of Australian citizen, permanent residency or an eligible New Zealand citizen. The orphan visa process is not easy though is possible to obtain by acquiring the significant knowledge needed to get this visa grant.

A child might be eligible for a child visa if they are:

  • The child is less than 18 years in age
  • The parents of the individual applying for this child visa must either be dead or should be enduringly unfit to take care for
  • Received sponsorship from Australian relatives for application of the visa

This child visa is a part of Family visa Australia and it is important to note that sponsors must be above 18 years old and at least an Australian permanent resident, a permanent visa holder, an Australian citizen, or an eligible citizen of New Zealand.

This particular child visa allows an orphan child (with sponsorship) to live in Australia on permanent basis. With this visa, the child is allowed to live in Australia for good or permanently and travel in and out of Australia for a period of five years from the date the visa is issued.

He/ She is also entitled to work, study and get the health coverage from Australian health scheme, Medicare.

The child might be given this Orphan Relative (subclass 837) if:

  • Single (unmarried, in a de factor relationship, or engaged to be married)
  • Be able to clear the health requirements
  • Must present character certificate if exceeds 16 years of age
  • Must be able to provide the assurance of financial support
  • Do not possess any debts to the Australian government
  • Living in Australia while lodging an application for this visa
What will be my responsibility towards child after obtaining this visa?

You as a parent will be responsible to provide the financial support for the child and also accommodate them with food and shelter for at least two years from the date of visa grant.

Who can sponsor the child?

The child can obtain sponsorship for Orphan Relative (subclass 117) from relatives such as grandparents, uncle, aunt, brother and sister who is Australian citizen, permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

How to apply for this visa?

You have to provide all the documents required to lodge the application and might have to prove the claims to mention in the application. Submit the forms asked and find the links to check the documents needed to complete the lodgment.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/837-?modal=/visas/supporting/Pages/837/Child-documents.aspx - Child documents list

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/837-?modal=/visas/supporting/Pages/837/Sponsor-documents.aspx - Relative (sponsor) list

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/837-?modal=/visas/supporting/Pages/837/General-documents.aspx - Other useful documents

Provided information should not be taken as exhaustive, additional requirements for the visa do apply. Visa requirements may differ as per individual circumstances. For your eligibility assessment visit one of our qualified professionals.

Inquire Now
contact us
Read Our Reviews