Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 173 Temporary | Visa Subclass 173

Contributory Parent Visa (subclass 173) – Temporary

Contributory Parent visa subclass 173 is a temporary visa designed by Australian government for parents of an Australian citizen, a permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled in Australia. This Parent Visa allows you to live in the country for up to two years. You must be outside of Australia for the visa subclass 173 to be granted.

Visa Subclass 173 is a temporary visa which the Australian government has designed for a parent of an Australian citizen, an eligible citizen of New Zealand, or a permanent resident of the country.

Additionally, the visa Subclass 173 can be obtained by an individual who meets all the character and health requirements. He/She must also have an eligible sponsor who is very much willing to assist him/her during his/her stay in Australia. A parent or guardian can also acquire the visa if his/her child has lawfully lived in the country for at least two years before lodging the application for the visa. Lastly, this temporary visa can be issued to an applying parent whose child is an Australian, an eligible New Zealand citizen, or an Australian permanent resident.

Visa Subclass 173 allows you to stay up to two years in Australia with multiple entry and exit from the date family visa is granted. You may also enroll in Australia’s health schemes (Medicare), opt for an employment and studies during the visit.

To be able to apply for Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 173, you must be sponsored by your child (18 years or older), or any other individual who is eligible to sponsor in Australia. Additionally:

  • It is important that the spouse of the applying individual and other dependent members of the family may be included or listed in the application provided that they meet the requirements specified
  • You must pass the Balance of Family test and meet the age requirements
  • Majority of your children living in Australia Permanently
  • You must not have any outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay the same if any
Can I extend my Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 173?

You cannot extend this particular Parent Visa however if you wish to continue living in Australia or settle here permanently you may apply for contributory parent visa (Subclass 143) by adhering to the strict time schedule.

How long 173 Visa takes to process?

The contributory parent visa subclass 173 takes around 2-4 years to process which is considerably faster than the other categories of Parent Visa

Can I include my spouse and child in the application?

The answer is yes, you may include your partner, child, step-child or your partner’s child or step-child in your application. If your family members are granted this visa they will be sanctioned the same rights and obligations as of yours.

Provided information should not be taken as exhaustive, additional requirements for the visa do apply. Visa requirements may differ as per individual circumstances. For your eligibility assessment visit one of our qualified professionals.

Inquire Now
contact us
Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 173
Read Our Reviews