Education System in Germany
The education system in Germany is witnessing many reforms and changes. The degrees obtained in the German education system are known as Bachelor and Masters degrees.
To study in Germany there is a requirement of a graduate degree. The international students have to exhibit the same graduate degree.
- The admission requirements are defined by the various universities.
- They vary for the similar subjects at varied universities.
- There are three varied types of advanced universities or colleges in Germany.
- The arts, film or advanced colleges provide practical education in the artistic subjects.
- The third category is the university. They provide varied types of subjects.
- The universities are popular for their theoretical education.
- The studies in Germany are theoretical in comparison to other nations and they have several lectures from the professor.
- The students get grades for their final exams and also for speeches, practical projects and assignments.
- The practical education can be provided in internships.
- The graduate degrees from the university are accepted all over the world and are widely renowned worldwide.
- You may get the first graduate degree after 6 to 8 terms and is known as Bachelor.
The academic education system in Germany provides fundamental awareness and also theoretical background and specific details. After the completion of the studies, the alumni have to work successfully in each part of the working environment. You may contact us to know more about the higher education system in Germany.
Cost of living in Germany
- The cost of housing in Germany differ depending on the region. Many students rent the properties in Germany.
- The prices and the types of accommodation vary in most of the cities.
- The cost of transportation in Germany is affordable. Trains are the best means to move around in Germany. Trains are an affordable option.
- Bus travel is comparatively cheaper than the travel by train.
- The international health insurance premium varies according to the age and health of the person.
- One liter of milk costs around .79 Euros.
- The cost of 12 eggs is 1.70 Euros.
- One kilogram of rice in Germany would cost approximately 2 Euros.
- A mid range restaurant meal would cost around 35 Euros.
The cost of living in Germany for basic things is quite affordable in Germany. You may contact us to know more about the cost of living in Germany.
Study in Germany
- There are more than 3000 degree programmes in Engineering at German universities. The career prospects are very nice in Germany and they rely on your personal qualifications.
- In case you are interested in studying engineering, you need to have nice grades in Physics and Mathematics.
- You require talent for solving mathematical and scientific issues.
- You need innovativeness, team working skills and nice communication.
- You require your own capacity to think on your own.
- The German universities provide 3400 degree programmes in Engineering out of which 220 are the English language master's programmes.
- The successful graduates of the engineering programmes have got great career prospects in Germany.
- Your chances of finding a job after your studies depend on your personal qualifications.
- In case you want to study a subject in humanities, you have to be nicely organized.
- To have good German skills are very essential.
- It is pivotal to begin specializing in an area that interests you and to get your first practical experience.
- The German universities provide more than 6000 degree programmes in the humanities.
- The name of the degree programme shows its professional orientation.
- The programmes sometimes have varied names but provide same courses.
- One has the choice of studying a single subject in case you want to continue the bachelor's degree in the humanities.
- You can also major in Philology and opt for an extra minor or second major.
- It is pivotal to get awareness regarding the lectures and subjects. This is vital to opt for the correct study program.
- The one study year has two terms known as semester. There is also a summer and a winter term.
- Every term lasts for half a year and consists of two parts that is a lecture period and a lecture free period.
- Every lecture and class can take place at the university in the lecture period.
- In the university there are varied types of lectures. The usual lectures are the major part of the studies in many of the programs.
- The students can apply their theoretical awareness in the practical projects.
- In the seminars, there is an exchange between the professors and his or her students. The students can apply their theoretical knowledge in practical projects.
- The universities provide the students with counselors who may answer the questions regarding the studies and also some special questions about the study process.
- There are counselors for general questions about the university life and for the international students.
- The staff is there to assist you regarding any issues with the examinations.
- Every study program has got its own council. The student council answers all the queries regarding the studies and life. It comprises of several old students in it.
To study in Germany is relatively an easy prospect and there are several contact persons to approach when there are any issues. In order to know more about how to study in Germany you may contact us anytime.
Work and study in Germany
- • International students from the nations besides the European Union nations can work for a total of 120 full or 240 half days per year. In case you want to work more, you require a permit from the Federal employment agency and the foreigner's authority.
- • If you are provided a work permit, it depends on the job market conditions. If you are not certain regarding the type of job you have been offered, you may contact us anytime.
- You can only work in the lecture free periods and with the consent of the federal employment agency and the foreigner's authority.
- Several university and student union websites have job exchanges.
- The Federal employment agency assists in finding the jobs for the students. The offices have got student recruitment tools.
- There are students who work as university research assistants. They work as supervisors in the library and provide tutorials for the professors.
- The amount of money you earn depends on your experience.
- The student wages are generally higher in German cities Hamburg and Munich.
- There are some jobs that pay more than ten Euros.
- The jobs in the restaurant industry can be high paying.
The work and study in Germany prospects are brightening and the students may earn 8354 Euros per year and that is tax free. You may contact us to know more about the how to work and study in Germany.