State Nomination Requirements For South Australia Prospective Applicants
The South Australian Government released information through which the skilled migrants, meeting state nomination requirements will be able to directly apply for a nomination from Monday 8th February 2021. Through which, individuals currently residing offshore or any other state in Australia will not be eligible to apply for nomination.
Important News: Australian Government Resume State Nomination Migration Program From January 2021
The Skilled Migration Program Will Focus On The Following:
1. Talent and Innovators Program:
This program is a pathway for those who want to contribute to South Australia’s priority growth industry sectors.
2. Employed in South Australia
Applicants currently living and working in outer regional South Australia, or living and working in SA, are might be eligible for the waivers or reductions to the skilled work experience requirements.
3. International Graduate of South Australia
Graduate Applicants must be working for the last three months in South Australia.
The applicant who seeks for nomination will be required to meet the criteria set by the Department of Home Affairs criteria and South Australia.
Details of State Nomination Requirements
1. Residency Requirements
The applicant needs to have a genuine interest to live as well as work in South Australia with an aim of long-term settling down.
Applicants should be under the age of 45 at the time of nomination.
Applicant’s occupation must be as per South Australia’s Skilled Occupation List.
4. Skills Assessment
Applicant must be qualified as per General Skilled Migration skills assessment issued within the duration of last three years. If the skills assessing authority has specified a shorter or less validity period, the skills assessment will call be valid until that particular date.
Also Read: How To Inherit Australian Sponsor To Get You Work In Australia?
5. Work Experience
Applicant must have done post-course completion that should be at least of 20 hours per week or 40 hours per fortnight.
Applicant must meet the English requirement set by the authority to work in South Australia.
The employer sponsored visa lets the applicants fill the skills gap when the requirement is not meant by the local group.
Applicants need to assure that they can meet the minimum points requirement as per their occupation. To support the points claim, the applicants need to maintain DOHA requirements as per documented evidence.
8. Priority Streams
Talent and Innovators Programs
This program provides an opportunity to state to nominate applicants under the below-mentioned streams.
- Employment stream: Highly skilled migrants working in South Australian businesses.
- Startup and small business stream: Entrepreneurial skilled migrants commenced their venture in South Australia.
- High performing graduate stream: High performing graduates accomplished their qualifications at South Australian higher education institution.
- Independent talent stream: Efficient Applicants seeking state nomination.
Currently working in South Australia
Applicants living and working in South Australia may qualify for this stream and additional concessions and waivers.
They will be majorly dependent on
- Since how long the applicants have residing and working in South Australia.
- Applicants’ nominated occupation.
- Applicants’ living and working in outer regional South Australia.
South Australian International Graduates
International graduate students studied in South Australia might be eligible for state nomination as skilled migrants.
9. Important Information
- To get the nomination approval, the applicants need to have EOI as per the criteria of the Department of Home Affairs and SA requirements.
- EOI ID must be recorded correctly by the applicant as the application can be rejected in case of a false Informa Migration Program update for South Australian applicants
- Applicant’s nominated occupation must meet the occupation mentioned in the SA online application.
- Personal Details in EOI must be the same as the South Australian online application.
- Information edited in EOI must be provided during the submission of the state nomination application.
- If an applicant makes a mistake in EOI, they are required to edit their EOI details & send an email to amend the EOI. If the applicant is nominated by SA, the EOI will get frozen and cannot be modified again.
- The applicant needs to choose ‘South Australia’ as nominating state. However, applicants selecting any other state or territory or multiple states and territories will be chosen for the nomination, selecting South Australia as one of the selected states.
- If an applicant refuses any reason, they can re-apply for state nomination provided they meet all state nomination requirements during the new application.
- Applicants need to read the terms and conditions, its requirements prior to applying for state nomination.
- The nomination will be entirely dependent on the Government of SA in which each application will be considered based on the basis of merits and benefit to South Australia.
- The South Australia Government has the right to offer an Australian visa 491 for applicants otherwise apparently eligible for a visa subclass 190 nominations.
- No More documentation after submission will be accepted unless requested.
- Only one nomination per applicant, per visa subclass, per year will be on a discretionary basis.
- Provisional 489 or Australian visa 491 holders are not qualified to apply for SA state nomination.
Visa Subclass And Occupation Eligibility Requirements
- Skilled nominated visa subclass 190 and 491 visa nominations are as per the limited quota for each program year. The SA government reserves the right to revise nomination requirements for these visa subclasses without issuing the notice.
- Occupations listed for state-nomination are as per the required quota.
- The SA government possesses the right to let students pull out their application, or refuse an application as per the changed eligibility criteria.
- It does not guarantee that the applicants will be provided with 190 nominations. If the SA government cannot issue 190 nominations, the applicant may be offered a 491 nomination.
You Might Like: An Overview To Understand Post Study Work Visas In Australia
- It is essential for the applicant to South Australia based on lifestyle, cost of living, education, and employment opportunities.
- Applicants need to have sufficient funds for settlement when they arrive in South Australia to support themselves and their families.
- Applicants need to go through job opportunities in SA and any training, licensing, or registration requirements specific to their occupation.
It is important to understand that the State nomination does not guarantee employment. The applicant needs to study everything before applying for the job.
Below Are Two Visas Which Act As A Support System In Providing Job Opportunities To Applicants.
1. Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional Subclass 494 (Provisional)
Through the help of this provisional visa subclass 494, applicants can apply for employment in South Australian businesses that are not fulfilled by the local group.
2. Temporary Skill Shortage visa Subclass 482
This employer-sponsored TSS 482 Visa lets businesses flourish by hiring skilled migrants who meet the criteria as per South Australia’s Designated Area Migration Agreements (DAMA).
If you are seeking details and expert guidance on visas or any other matters, get in touch with Registered Migration Agent Perth at ISA Migrations. Our qualified Mara Agents have extensive experience in handling migration issues and providing respective solutions to applicants who seek their future in Australia.