Oh! So you are stuck amidst the dilemma of applying for an appropriate visa to stay lawfully in Australia while your substantive visa is about to expire? The Australian Department of Home Affairs provides an individual different bridging visas which lets you stay in Australia lawfully while your visa expires and another substantive visa is under process or in a judicial review or while you make departing arrangements from Australia.
Following are the essentials you need to know about the Bridging Visa C Subclass 030 that provides you most benefits amongst all the other bridging visas.
1. What are the types of Bridging Visas?
The bridging visas category can be understood by its name. The Bridging visas are applied for the time period between which a substantive visa has expired and another substantive visa is in process for the grant. The Bridging Visa Australia is classified into different categories according to their use and application that ranges popularly from Bridging visa A to Bridging Visa E.
2. What is Bridging Visa C in Australia?
A Bridging Visa C is a visa subclass in Australia that allows you to stay in Australia lawfully for the period until a decision is being made on the application of your substantive visa. With a Bridging visa C, you cannot return to Australia once you leave.
3. How long is Bridging Visa C valid for?
With a Bridging visa C Subclass 030, you can remain in Australia until the final decision is made on the grant of your substantive visa or your visa is cancelled or refused or deemed invalid, a decision has been made on your merits or judicial review. Either you withdraw your substantive visa application, judicial review or merits review. Or you have informed by a merits review tribunal that the application has no jurisdiction to consider.
4. Can I work on a bridging visa C?
Initially, the Bridging Visa C does not let you work in Australia. However, you may be able to work with a bridging visa C in Australia, if the substantive visa you have applied for is among one of the following visas with the given SkillSelect:
- Visa Subclass 132 Business Talent Visa
- Subclass 188 Business Innovation and Investment Visa (Provisional)
- Subclass 888 Business Innovation and Investment Visa (Permanent)
- Subclass 186 Employer Nomination Scheme Visa
- Subclass 187 Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa
- Subclass 189 Skilled-Independent Visa
- Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated Visa
- Subclass 489 Skilled-Regional Visa (Provisional)
In some cases, you can also apply for a different BVC if your current BVC does not allow you or restricts you from working in Australia.
Also, read: Important Steps To Follow When Departing From Australia
5. Is Bridging Visa Automatically granted?
You can be granted a bridging visa Australia in the following circumstances:
- The validity of a substantive has expired and the applicant is waiting for another substantive visa application to be processed.
- Your visa application is under review with an Administrative Appeals Tribunal due to refusal or cancellation.
- Your visa application is in court appeal for a decision while you are waiting for its grant.
- A Ministerial Intervention has been requested by you.
- Being an unlawful non-citizen of Australia, you are making voluntary depart arrangements from the country.
6. How do I know if I am eligible for a Bridging Visa C?
You will find yourself eligible for a Bridging Visa 030 if you are able to satisfy the following circumstances:
- You must not currently be a holder of a BVE or a past holder of a BVE since you last held a substantive visa.
- While lodging your application for a substantive visa, you must not be already having a substantive visa.
- You should be in Australia when you apply for a BVC.
- You must already have applied for a substantive visa or your visa application should be under judicial review for a decision that relates to your substantive visa.
- There is no specific age requirement for being able to apply for this visa.
- You should be able to satisfy the character requirement according to the Australian framework.
You can also know your eligibility by getting a consultancy from our expert Migration agent at the ISA Migrations and Education Consultants.
7. What is the processing time of Bridging Visa C?
There is no specific processing time available for a Bridging Visa C. However, your visa application processing may take variable time due to the following:
- There are errors in the application or you did not fill the application form correctly.
- Some of the documents have not been submitted by you along with the application as were required to be provided.
- The department may take longer to review and verify the provided information.
8. What Bridging Visa C lets you do in Australia?
With a bridging visa C, you can stay in Australia lawfully while your substantive visa has expired and another substantive visa is under process for a decision of grant or under a judicial or merits review by an Administrative Appeals Tribunal. You may also be able to work on a BVC if you are able to satisfy the conditions required by the Bridging Visa C as declared by the Department of Home Affairs.
For further details, feel free to reach out to us at the ISA Migrations and Education Consultants office.
Relevant: FAQs For Student Visa Extension
9. Checklist for Bridging Visa C Subclass 030
A bridging Visa C can be obtained by you for a lawful stay in Australia while your Substantive visa has expired and another substantive visa is under process if you crosscheck the following Checklist:
- You should not hold or have held a BVE since your last substantive visa came into existence.
- You should be in Australia while you lodge your BVC application.
- You should not have a substantive visa valid while you apply for another substantive visa.
- You can be any age when applying for a BVC.
- You must have successfully satisfied the character requirements according to Australian policies.
10. What sort of problems does one face if doesn't apply for bridging visa after expiration of substantive visa?
You can face serious problems if you don’t apply for a bridging visa when your substantive visa is about to expire or have expired and you are in Australia. You will be considered an unlawful non-citizen in Australia. You can contact our immigration agent or get in touch with ISA Migrations and Education Consultants to get detailed information about the consequences of not applying for a bridging visa when your substantive visa expires.
Tags: bridging visa c subclass 030
, bridging visa c
, Bridging Visa c Australia