An Overview To Understand Post Study Work Visas In Australia

Posted by :


An Overview To Understand Post Study Work Visas In Australia

Overseas students who study in Australia are ardent about gaining optimal work experience in the country. Although the visa procedure has become way more stringent than before job prospects for international students has increased. The increasing demand for skilled workers in Australia has been advantageous for international students. It has allowed offshore learners to apply for a post-study work visa in Australia. Today’s write-up will acquaint you with the various post-study works visas and comprehensive bits of information about them.

Latest News: Australia Immigration Allocation Update : SA State Skilled Nomination Program

ISA Migrations

Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190

The skilled nominated visa subclass 190 is a points-tested permanent residency visa. It allows applicants to work and stay in Australia as a permanent resident. To become eligible for this visa you must be nominated by a state government or territory government. You should be less than 50 years of age and must work in a sector of the Skilled Occupation List (SOL). Besides, you must qualify for necessary skills assessment test for that particular occupation.

Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485

Do you wish to stay, study and work in Australia temporarily? Then, apply for the temporary graduate visa subclass 485 immediately. This Graduate visa 485 is divide into two streams which are Post-Study Work Stream and Graduate Work Stream namely. The former allows you to stay in Australia for up to four years to live, study and work. Whereas, the latter visa stream lets you live, take education and work in Australia for up to 18 months. Below is the brief introduction of both these visa streams.

  • Graduate Work Stream Visa

The Graduate Work Stream Visa allows you and your family to study, travel, work and stay in Australia temporarily. You can stay maximum for up to 18 months in Australia with this visa stream. To qualify for this visa, you must have graduated from an Australian education institution within the past six months. Even if your qualification is less than the bachelor’s degree, you can still apply for this visa.

  • Post-Study Work Stream

The Post-Study Work Stream lets you and your family members study, travel, stay and work in Australia temporarily. This visa stream lets you live and work in Australia for up to two to four years. Graduates are allowed to stay for two years time duration and post-graduates can stay within two to three years. Applicants who are holding a doctoral degree can live in Australia for four years. You cannot qualify for this visa if your qualification is below that of a bachelor’s degree. Say for instance, if you’re holding a graduate, diploma or certificate III degree or any other degree.

How to Apply?

You can apply for the PSW stream if you’ve graduated from Australia. Conversely, apply for GSW stream if you’ve graduated with skills and qualifications pertinent to some relevant Australian occupations.

Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)

The Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 visa is again a permanent residency visa. To qualify for visa subclass 186, you must have complied with criteria effectively. According to these pre-requisites, you should be sponsored by your employer permanently. If not, then, your employer must have nominated you for a permanent position in Australia. Make sure you’re less than 50 years of age and nominated by an approved Australian employer. Aside from that, you must have complied with the criteria of qualifications, skills and English language requirements.

Also Read: Working Rights of Skilled Workers in Australia

Skilled Independent Visa 189

The skilled independent visa subclass 189, designed for applicants who have not been nominated by a state/territory government. To qualify for this visa, you must work in an SOL occupation and be less than 50 years of age. Most importantly, you must acquire a suitable-skills-assessment to become eligible for the 189 visa subclass.

Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa (subclass 476)

Engineering graduates are considered eligible to apply for the skilled recognised graduate visa 476 subclass. To qualify for this visa, make sure you less than 31 years and hold a valid engineering degree.

Hire a Migration Agent Perth!

So, do you also wish to apply for any of the post-study work visas stated above? If so, then, hire a Registered Migration Agent Perth at ISA migrations immediately. We will ensure a successful visa application for you.

Tags: 189 Visa ,graduate visa 485 ,Registered Migration Agent ,Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 ,Skilled Visa Australia ,Visa 476 ,Visa Subclass 186
Inquire Now
Amit Taya (Perth) : +61 426 488 909 Harmandeep (Adelaide) : +61 8 8120 4199