A child or parent, on behalf of child can lodge an application for Adoption visa (subclass 102) if:
- He/ She is adopted or soon-to-be adopted by Australian parents
- They meet certain health criteria
- Should be able to provide character certificate if above 16 years of age
- Do not hold any liability to the Australian government such as any overdue payments
- Clear the significant age requirements
The child visa falls under the category of Family visa Australia. It is important to note that sponsors must be above 18 years old and at least an Australian permanent resident, a permanent visa holder, an Australian citizen, or an eligible citizen of New Zealand.