Every year, many international skilled workers apply for permanent residence visas under the Skilled Migration Program of the Australian Department of Home Affairs. Australian Permanent Residency will help you work and stay in Australia permanently and enjoy other privileges. After living for a few years as a permanent resident in Australia, you will become eligible to apply for Australian citizenship. Not only that, but you will also be able to bring your family members to Australia. Go through this entire blog to become aware of the eligibility and benefits of Australian PR.
Latest News: Morrison Govt. Announced Some Changes in Graduate Visa 485 to Support International Students
Permanent residents in Australia enjoy numerous benefits, the same as Australian citizens. These benefits are mentioned below.
Important News: Return Of International Aspirants/Students: Check Visa Eligibility Here
To become eligible for an Australian permanent residency, you have to fulfill the following criteria.
You Might Like: How To Apply For Western Australian State Nomination Program?
The application procedure is more or less the same for different Australian permanent residence visas. However, there are still some differences that you must be aware of. Here we discuss application procedures for three permanent visas:
If you want to apply for the visa subclass 189, follow these steps.
Note that there are two streams under this visa. One is, Points Tested Stream, which is for applicants from every country except New Zealand. Here, applicants need to go through the points test of the Immigration Department and fulfill all the general requirements.
Another stream is New Zealand Stream, which is for New Zealand citizens who have lived for 5 years in Australia and made significant contributions in the Australian workspace. Applicants for this stream are exempt from English language requirements.
This visa is different from the previous one, and you can consider it if you fail to obtain the 189 Visa. While the 189 Visa is granted to those who score better in the points test, the subclass 190 is based on nomination by state and territory governments. So, if you plan to apply for the 190 Visa, check these steps.
As the name suggests, this visa is granted to individuals who want to stay and work permanently in a regional area of Australia. To apply for visa 491, you have to follow the steps mentioned below.
Also Read: Visiting Australia: Know The Five Big Reasons
Application costs for the three permanent visas are discussed here.
Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
For the main applicant, the visa application fee is AUD4115. If you add other family members to the application, you will be required to pay additional charges. Using the Visa Pricing Estimator, you can check out the total cost you have to pay.
If one of the applicants over 18 years of age does not hold Functional English skills, you will be required to pay a second instalment, which equals AUD4890. However, you should pay it only when you are asked to.
Note that this second instalment or other costs are not included in the Visa Pricing Estimator. These additional costs will be for biometrics, health examinations, and police checks.
New Zealand Stream
You also have to pay a visa application fee of AUD4115 and additional fees for other applicants for this stream. But here, you have to pay only 20% of the full amount when lodging the visa. The remaining 80% should be paid when you are granted the visa.
Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190
The visa application fee is AUD4115 for the main applicant. For other applicants included in the same application, separate application fees are required. The fee will be different for partners or spouses and dependent children. You can check the total amount in the Visa Pricing Estimator.
If any adult applicant fails to meet the English language criteria, you will need to pay the second instalment of AUD4890.
You Might Like: Requirements For Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485
he visa application fee and second instalment amount are the same as the previous two for this visa. The costs for biometrics, police certificates, and health checks will also be separate.
How will ISA Migrations help you to get an Australian PR?
Immigration to Perth can be a complicated process to handle. Missing a single document can delay the visa application and sometimes lead to refusal. That is why it is always recommended to hire a migration agent in Perth for professional guidance. These migration professionals are registered and are known for providing important services to prospective migrants.
If you want to get in touch with the best Immigration Agent Perth, contact ISA Migrations.