Important Tips to Stay in Australia after Your Working Holiday Visa Expires
Once an individual visits Australia and experiences the lifestyle in Australia, it is very natural that they would want to extend their stay in Australia. A number of people go to Australia with a Working Holiday Visa 417 and the majority of them would want to extend their stay for a few months, years, or want to settle permanently there even after the expiry of their Working Holiday Visa Australia.
Also Read: Detailed Guide To Second Year Working Holiday Visa Australia
If you are one of those wanting to extend your stay in Australia after the expiry of the Australian Working Holiday Visa, here are few very important tips for you to follow even before your first working holiday visa expires.
The extension of working holiday visa in Australia comes into play when the first working holiday visa is about to expire and you want to continue staying in Australia. Well, this is not very difficult and you can easily achieve an extension of up to 1 year to stay in Australia with a second working holiday visa. In order to apply for a second working holiday visa and get a successful approval on it, you must:
- Have completed 88 days working in a specific area in Australia during your stay with the first Working Holiday Visa.
- While you make the application for the second working holiday visa 417, you must be aged between 18 years to 30 years.
- If you are not already in Australia, you must apply for the second working holiday visa before 12 months of your arrival in Australia.
- If you have applied for the second WHV being in Australia, you must be in Australia at the time of its grant.
- In case, you have applied for the second WHV from outside Australia, you must be outside Australia at the time of its grant.
- Any dependent child must not accompany you to Australia with this visa.
- You must either still be a holder of or have had finished your first working holiday visa 417 or a work and holiday visa subclass 462 while applying for the second WHV.
- Have complied with all the attached conditions of the first WHV.
- Not has been a holder of more than one working holiday visa in Australia.
- Have enough funds to support your stay in Australia as well as afford a return ticket from Australia at the end of your stay.
Must Read: Australian Working Holiday Visas: A List Of FAQs
These are just the basic eligibility criteria required to apply for a second WHV. Let’s see, what you can do with this visa in Australia, or what are the entitlements allowed with the second Working Holiday Visa 417 in Australia…
- With the 417-second working holiday visa, you can stay in Australia for an extended period of 12 months.
- Work under the same employer in Australia for not more than 6 months.
- You can enter Australia anytime within 12 months from the grant of your visa.
- This visa allows multiple entry and exits to Australia while the visa is valid.
- With this visa, you are also allowed to study in Australia in an eligible course for as long as 4 months.
experience an extended stay in Australia with the second working
holiday visa, you must keep the following things in mind:
- Keep yourself planned ahead, get in contact with a learned migration agent who will help you do things accordingly to get the second working holiday visa as soon as you want an extension of stay period in Australia. The migration agents will help you in being proactive with your actions and satisfy all the terms and conditions that will apply to be eligible for a second WHV.
- The occupation you are training or want to train for must be present in the list of Skilled Australian occupation list. With this determination, you will be able to gain the opportunity to get the second working holiday visa successfully.
- Keep a collection of all the required and certified copies of all the official documents. Having a collection of all the copies of the required documents and transcripts prepared with you will allow you an easy application in case you want to apply for the second working holiday visa. It is also necessary to keep in mind that the collected documents are relevant to the nominated occupation.
- You must keep yourself prepared for the English Test so that if you are required to give one, you can easily pass the test and proceed with your visa application.
- You must complete the required regional work in Australia with the first working holiday visa to be eligible for the second working holiday visa without any hurdle or complication.
If you have satisfied all the required conditions with the first working holiday visa, you can easily get approval on the second working holiday visa. To know more about the tips and tricks on the visa subclass 417 or any other Australian visa and its approval, get in touch with our team of Migration Agent Perth at the ISA Migrations and Education Consultants.