Tuition Fees Portugal
There is no capping system in Portugal for higher education institutions, they may decide on the course cost for both local and international students. The Education Ministry of Portuguese only establishes a minimum amount that is imposed by the national minimum wage (the minimum cost of tuition is 1.3 times the minimum wage). However, universities hardly charge students the minimum amount.
Public institutions are cheaper as compared to the privates one. The approximate fees are as following:
- For Bachelors and masters programme the fees cost is around EUR 1250 a year
- For PhD courses the cost is around EUR 3000 a year
- The tuition fees in private universities is little higher than the public ones, which leads between EUR 3500 - 3900 a year for any degree course
- Apart from the tuition charges, students are also required to pay registration fees of around EUR 35
Some highly cheap and most expensive institutions exist in Portugal, out of which students may choose according to their budget
Low budget Universities:
- Catholic University of Portugal Porto - Cost 700 EUR a year
- Polytechnic Institute of Braganca - Cost 1,050 EUR a year
- Polytechnic Institute of Leiria - Cost 1,150 EUR a year
- Polytechnic of Tomar - Cost 1,200-1,400 EUR a year
- University of Aveiro - Cost 5,000 EUR a year
- University of Coimbra - Cost 1,500 - 1,800 a year
- University of Lisbon - Cost 2,500 a year.
- University of Porto - Cost 3,000 - 4,500 a year.
Contact us for more information regarding tuition fees in Portugal, our expert agents will be happy to assist you.