Learn How To Carry Out Your Stay With Prospective Marriage Visa 300

Posted by :


Learn How To Carry Out Your Stay With Prospective Marriage Visa 300

The Prospective Marriage Visa Subclass 300 is an Australian temporary partner visa granted to an applicant who plans to marry an Australian citizen or permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen. The validity for this visa is 9 months, and the couple should be married during this time.

Though the applicant should not be physically present in Australia while applying, the marriage may occur inside or outside Australia. This blog provides a comprehensive guide on the visa details and what you need to make the application.

Partner Visa 300

Latest News:- Western Australia State Nomination Ranking System Updated

What Can I Do With Visa 300?

As a holder of the Partner Visa Subclass 300, you can enjoy several rights that temporary visa holders usually do.

  • With the visa remaining valid, you can work and stay in Australia.
  • You will also be allowed to travel in and out of Australia as many times as you want.

How can I be eligible for Partner Visa 300?

The simple answer to this question is that meeting the specific eligibility criteria will make you eligible to apply for this visa. Here we discuss all the requirements you have to fulfil for the application.

  • Your age should be at least 18 years.
  • You have to prove your genuine intention to marry an Australian PR or citizen or an eligible citizen of New Zealand.
  • Your prospective partner should provide the sponsorship. Some individuals are not allowed to become sponsors. So, you should be very careful about that.
  • You also have to prove that you have met and have known your partner on a personal level.
  • The age of your fiancé should also be 18 years or more.
  • The visa remains valid for nine months, and within this period, you should prove your genuine marrying intention.
  • You should also prove that you and your partner will live as spouses after your marriage.
  • Both of you should satisfy the character requirement. Police clearance certificates will be needed as evidence.
  • Last but not least, your health condition should also satisfy the requirements specified by Australian Immigration.

Prospective Marriage Visa Subclass 300 – Documentation required

In support of your claims, you must be able to provide documentary evidence. The required Partner Visa 300 document checklist involves both personal and relationship documents, which are given as follows.

Personal Documents

Your list of individual papers should include:

  • Identity documents, including passport and birth certificate
  • Health examination documents
  • Police clearance certificates as character documents

Relationship Documents

Following documents need to be submitted.

  •  A formally written letter signed and dated by your marriage celebrant
  • Confirmed lodgement of a Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM)
  • Two copies of Form 888’s
  • Evidence that you and your partner have personally met each other after you have turned 18
  •  Proof that both of you genuinely want to start your married life
  • Sufficient evidence about your relationship history

The two copies of filled-out Form 888s are legal declarations from the witnesses who have to confirm that you two are in a genuine relationship.

In the history of your relationship, you will need to include information like the origin and development of the relationship, your engagement date, interests that you share, your plans together, etc.

Also Read:- Avoid 7 Major Mistakes While Applying For Partner Visa Subclass 300

What is the process of Permanent Residency?

After you lodge your Partner Visa 300 application, you will need to go through two more steps to achieve a permanent residency in Australia.

  • In the first step, you have to lodge a combined application for the two onshore Partner Visas (Visa Subclasses 820 and 801).
  • Once the application is filed, the Department of Home Affairs will conduct the final assessment and evaluation process, and you will receive your permanent Partner Visa after two years.

Details of the two steps are discussed below:

1- Filing the onshore Partner Visa application

After you have married your partner before your Prospective Marriage Visa 300 expires, a combined application must be made for both Visa Subclass 820 and Visa Subclass 801. The first stage visa is temporary, while the second stage visa is a permanent one.

The Immigration Department will assess your 820 Visa application first. Once you get it, you can continue staying with your spouse in Australia. In the meantime, the Department will assess your 801 Visa application.

2- Final assessment of your permanent Partner Visa

Once you have completed two years on your temporary Partner Visa, the Immigration Department will evaluate the final visa step. They will consider each case and make a detailed assessment. One of the conditions to comply with is that you have to remain married to your partner during this time. Once they grant you the 801 Visa, you can automatically become a permanent resident of Australia.

Read This Latest News:- Latest Occupation List Updated For Western Australia State Nomination

What does Visa 300 cost?

For the principal applicant, the Visa 300 application cost is AUD 7850. However, if you include family members in your application, a separate fee has to be paid for them. You should note that this cost does not include charges for police certificates, health examinations, and biometrics.

What Is The Partner Visa 300 Processing Time?

The 300 Visa processing time varies according to the number of applications filed at a specific time. This is why 75% of applications get processed in 23 months, and 90% of applications take about 30 months to process.

Some FAQs for Partner Visas:

In this section, we discuss several questions that applicants frequently ask top immigration experts and consultants.

1. Am I eligible to apply for a Partner Visa to Australia?

To be eligible for a Partner Visa, you have to meet all the Partner Visa eligibility criteria. The primary requirements are that:

  • You should marry or be in a de facto relationship with an Australian PR or citizen or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
  • Your partner should be able to sponsor for 2 years.

2. Which Partner Visa is best suited for me?

Which Partner Visa you need will depend on two factors:

  • Type of your relationship
  • Whether you are offshore or onshore at the time of your application

3. Should I apply onshore or offshore? What is the distinction?

If you are outside Australia, you have to apply for an offshore Partner Visa. There are two offshore Partner Visas, which include Visa Subclass 309 and 100. Visa 309 is a temporary visa, while the other is the permanent one. Remember, if you apply offshore, you have to remain offshore when the decision is made.

A similar condition is applicable for the onshore Partner Visas too. Thus, if you apply while in Australia, you should also be in Australia when the Department makes the decision.

4. Is it possible to extend my Prospective Marriage Visa? Or can I be granted another Prospective Marriage Visa?

No, unfortunately, you cannot extend your Partner Visa Subclass 300. Also, the Department will not grant you another Prospective Marriage Visa even if you have not married your partner yet and want to do it shortly.

5. What if I am a same-sex couple?

Yes, same-sex couples can also apply for the onshore Partner Visas.

Always make sure you are seeking assistance from a reputed and trusted agent like Immigration Agent Perth. They will extend the greatest support during such times. 

Tags: Immigration Perth ,migration agent Perth ,partner visa 820 ,partner visa subclass 300 ,partner visa subclass 820 ,Prospective Marriage Visa subclass 300 ,Visa Consultant Perth
Inquire Now
Amit Taya (Perth) : +61 426 488 909 Harmandeep (Adelaide) : +61 8 8120 4199