Australian Visa Subclass 461 for Permanent Residency to Australia

Posted by : ISA Migrations


Australian Visa Subclass 461 for Permanent Residency to Australia

Earlier, you might have had the idea that an Australian visa 461 is for travelling abroad. But if you have not actually delved into the process of visa application, it is difficult for you to know how intricate the entire process is. Firstly, you must understand that there are different kinds of visas, and you must choose the one that is most suitable for your needs. If you want to visit Australia as a tourist, you will stay there for a very short period of time, and thus, a student visa is of no use to you. This is precisely because a student visa entitles the visa holder for a four-year stay in Australia, and naturally, the fees is quite hefty (> AUD 3000).

Therefore, what you would be looking at is the subsequent entry pathway. This is the pathway that helps tourists and people who intent to spend a little bit of time down under. In this case, you have to provide the reference of a relative who lives in Australia, and has the required visa (under the relevant subclasses): 475, 487, 489, 495 or 496. The best chance that you can have in this case is if you have a blood relative who resides in Australia, this gives you a reinforced chance to get a visa because the authorizes have more confidence in you as they now know more about your history.

The Student Visas

However, if you want to study in Australia and you need a 461 Visa Australia for a longer stay, you must apply for an invited pathway. This is the pathway that requires you to successfully submit a research proposal to the recognized universities in Australia, along with a recommendation letter from the dean or the head of the department in your college. Make sure that the proposal letter is strong and relevant because most universities take in students on the basis of this letter, and there is no interview involved, hence, you get no second chance.

If you look at the upside of it, let us consider a situation whence your letter gets accepted by a university in Australia. In this case, you are in an advantageous position. You will get a letter of acceptance from the concerned university and if you attach it to the form you have obtained through the invited pathway, your chances of getting a visa increase considerably.

Important News: Best Courses That Lead To PR In Australia

Extended Stay

You might need to stay for a longer time than you originally intended to. This might happen because in an academic course, you cannot definitely say how long you would need to complete a research work. In these cases, you must apply for an extended stay, and this is quite an easy process. You just have to get a letter of recommendation from the concerned authorities from the Australian university. It would take just AUD 350 more to get a four-year extension to your stay from the date on which your visa extension is approved.

Health Cover

This is an issue that you must take care of while you apply for a Visa Subclass 461. The fact is, this will ultimately benefit you while you are there in Australia and you need medical assistance. The medical cover will make sure that you are never in shortage of money. This will help your family to gain confidence while you stay out of your motherland.

The health cover becomes a more pressing issue if you are less than 17 years of age. In this case, you will need a legal guardian who has to guarantee your well being during your stay in Australia. The legal guardian also has to provide details about him that must conform to the standards set by the authorities, failing which, the person will not be held eligible to act as your legal guardian.

Read More: How To Spot A Visa Scam & How To Avoid Being A Victim Of It


These are the basic facts that will help you go on about filling in the Australian Visa Subclass 461 forms. You can also take the help of the registered immigration agents who are qualified to walk you through the entire process. You can trust them because they have years of experience in the field.

Tags: 461 Visa Australia ,Australian Visa Subclass 461 ,Pr to Australia ,Visa Subclass 461
Inquire Now
Amit Taya (Perth) : +61 426 488 909 Harmandeep (Adelaide) : +61 8 8120 4199