How much would the visa cost?
Applicants incur a complete cost of AUD 3,670.
How much time does it take to process visa application?
All the visa applications are processed within 8 to 9 months.
How long the visa lasts?
The Skilled 189 visa lasts for forever starting from the date it is granted.
What is an EOI?
An expression of Interest (EOI) provides information about why applicants need this visa to rank them against other aspiring candidates. You can submit EOI free of cost from anywhere. Once submitted, EOIs are valid for two years.
What is the process to apply for Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189)?
- Check your eligibility for skilled occupation if you have 60 points.
- Enter relevant information such as qualification, skills and proposed occupation in the EOI form.
- Hold-up till you get invitation for the visa (if you rank high).
- Collect all the documents.
- You must apply for the visa within 60 days after you have been invited.
- The visa will be processed soon.
Can I apply for Skilled Independent Visa from anywhere?
Yes, you can apply for the visa if you are in or away from Australia.
How long will I have to wait for the invitation to apply for the visa?
The invitation for visa application can be received within time interval of two years after the submission of EOI. It is mandatory to apply for the visa within 60 days.
What should I do if I don’t receive an invitation?
If two years elapse after you have submitted your EOI, you will be notified of the expiration of your EOI. You can submit a fresh EOI if you are still seeking the visa.