How to Extend Visitor Visa 600 in Australia
Want a visitor visa extension in Australia and don’t know how to start? If you want to extend your trip to Australia and your current visa is about to expire, then you should consider extending your visitor visa. Your visa can be extended from three to twelve months depending on your reason to extend visitor visa in Australia. Visitor visa 600 is only extended for tourist purposes. Moreover, it is recommended that you apply for a visitor visa extension in Australia three weeks before the expiration of your current visa.
This blog will discuss the eligibility and required documentation for a visa extension in Australia. We will also discuss the procedure and cost of visa extension to make the process hassle-free for you:
Eligibility for Visitor Visa Extension
Given below are the eligibility criteria to extend a visitor visa in Australia
- Valid passport from a country considered to be eligible
- Sound health
- Your current visa must have not yet expired.
- No conditions listed on your current visa restrict you from extending your stay.
- In the last 18 months, your stay in Australia is not more than 12 months.
Document Requirements for Visitor Visa Extension
You will need the following documents:
- Passport with blank pages.
- Completed application form.
- Valid evidence of enough financial resources to continue your stay
Also Read: Tourist Visa Australia Requirements: Your Guide to Visit Down Under
How to Extend Your Visitor Visa 600: A Step-by-Step Guide
Here’s how to extend visitor visa 600 in Australia. The process given below is a step-by-step guide to help you through the entire process:
- Get the documents ready: You need to gather documents such as a passport, evidence of funds, health insurance, and any additional documents required.
- Online application: Visit the official immigration website and apply for your visa extension application. You have to create an ImmiAccount and fill out all the information. Additionally, make sure that the information you provide is up to date.
- Pay the fees: Depending upon the duration of the visa extension, the fees may vary, but make sure to pay the required fees for the visa application.
- Health checkup: This is an optional step and not a necessary part of the process. You can check your visa requirements to see whether you need to undergo a health checkup or not.
- Interviews and biometrics: Depending on the situation, you might have to submit biometrics (fingerprints and a picture) or appear in person. Observe the guidelines supplied while completing the application process.
- Await Decision: After submitting your application, you must wait for a response. Applying well in advance of the expiration of your current visa is advised because processing times may differ.
- Verify Visa Status: Frequently monitor the progress of your visa application via your ImmiAccount. You’ll be informed as soon as a decision is made.
Recent Post: Sponsored Family Visitor Visa 600 Checklist
Reasons for Visitor Visa 600 Extension
Here are some common reasons for the extension of visitor visa 600:
- Visit friends and family
- Tourist purposes
- Purposes other than healthcare or business
Visitor Onshore 600 Visa Fees
The following is the onshore visitor visa extension fee in the different streams:
- AUD$365 if you apply individually
- AUD$650 if you apply as part of a family group
Frequent Traveller Stream:
- AUD$1065 if you apply individually
- AUD$1610 if you apply as part of a family group
Business Visitor Stream:
- AUD$650 if you apply individually
- AUD$995 if you apply as part of a family group
Super Visa Stream:
- AUD$600 if you apply individually
- AUD$915 if you apply as part of a family group
Latest Post: Partner Visa 309 Processing Time 2024
Additional Temporary Application Fee
When a temporary visa application is submitted while the applicant is in Australia, a temporary application fee is subsequently assessed. Each applicant is responsible for paying this fee, which is determined by their unique visa history. Here are some additional fees you may be required to pay:
- A Visa Assurance Charge (VAC), which is currently AUD$140 for most countries.
- A Biometrics Charge, which is currently AUD$100 for most countries.
Processing Time for Visitor Onshore 600 Visas
The processing time for onshore visitor visa 600 is typically between two to six weeks. It also depends on the country of the passport and previous travels. In some cases, it might take less time.
Remember that the application fees may change based on your individual circumstances. To find out the actual costs, schedule a consultation with the best migration agent in Perth.
Also Read: How To Write An Invitation Letter for Tourist Visa Australia
Visitor visas under the subclass of 600 can be extended depending on personal circumstances. Your reasons for visa extension must be for purposes other than medical care and business or employment. You can apply for a visitor visa if you meet the eligibility criteria. To obtain your visa extension, you can get in touch with an immigration agent who can help facilitate visa services.
Look for the best visa consultant in Perth or a well-recognised immigration agent in Australia who provides various migration services, including documentation and consultation services for different subclasses of visa extensions.