Why Professional Year Program is Important?
Professional Year Program (PYP) is an organized career development plan combining workplace experience and formal learning for international students who have graduated from Australian university. It enhances the ability of students to secure employment in their chosen field by applying knowledge and technical skills in the Australian workforce. PYP is a 44-week program with 12-week internship arrangement in a relevant organization and is available in the disciplines of Engineering, Accounting and Computer Science. The course program is structured with 32-week Australian workforce skills and Business communication skills training followed by a 12-week internship program.
Professional Year Programs in Australia is primarily designed for international students willing to apply for Australian permanent residency. This program lets the students to grow their industry specific skills via study & work experience and prepares them for professional career in Australian workplace.
Important News: Best Courses That Lead To PR In Australia
Importance of Professional Year Program
Let’s now understand why professional year program is important
- It is important because it helps in developing communicative skills along with practical experience and gain knowledge of Australian workforce & culture which enables you to communicate effectively in professional manner within the workplace.
- It also helps in securing 5 migration points towards permanent residency application.
- Adds value to your Curriculum Vitiate (CV)
- Enhances practical skills visa professional internship placement
- Provides Professional Year Certificate
- Helps in developing the career aspects of international students and expands their scope in the field of Accounting, Engineering and IT.
- The year long program also gives you an opportunity to develop professional networking.
If you are interested for Profession Year Program Australia to gain extra PR points, but confuse to choose stream. Following are the fields available for Professional Year Program.
- Professional Year Program Accounting
- Professional Year Program Engineering
- Professional Year Program IT
Who is Eligible to Enrol in Professional Year Program?
In order to enrol in Professional Year Program you:
- Need a degree in ether accounting, engineering or computer science from an approved Australian institution.
- You must hold a skilled graduate visa subclass 485 which lets you stay in Australia for 18 months post completion of your graduation.
- An applicant of PYP must be aged below 50 years.
- Possess qualifications and skills needed for an occupation listed on the SOL (Skilled Occupation List).
- Must have obtained the eligible qualification within the last 6 months as a result of minimum 2 years of study in Australia.
- Graduates of engineering from overseas with a degree from recognized university are also eligible to enrol in a Professional Year Program in Australia. They must be below 31 years of age and hold Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa Subclass 476.
- Must have acquired skilled assessment from a relevant assessing bodies (EEA, ACS, ICAA, IPA and CPA)
- Must hold a minimum overall IELTS score of 6.0 bands or equivalent with 6 in each module
Programs like PYP can be highly beneficial for international students looking to complete a graduation in Australia. You will be able to improve your professional skills and grow chances of becoming an Australian permanent resident at the same time. Get in touch with us if you are looking for one of the best Professional Year Program providers in Australia.