How Working Holiday Visa Let You Work On Your Visit To Australia?
Are you planning a holiday trip to Australia? Without any doubt, It’s a fantastic decision that you have taken. Over the years, Australia has become one of the most favorite destinations for international travelers for its stunning natural beauty and beautifully looking cities. There is only one thing you will need to fulfill all your dreams. And that is a visitor visa. So before starting your journey, you must apply for the correct Australian working holiday visa. In the following sections, we will discuss different important information about the working holiday visa.
Latest News: Latest Occupation List Updated For Western Australia State Nomination
What Is A Working Holiday Visa?
A working holiday visa is a residence permit issued to travelers that allows them to take a suitable job to afford their traveling costs. This visa is beneficial for young internationals. They can experience living in a foreign country without bearing the usual costly expenses like an advanced search for work sponsorship or enrolling in an expensive university study program.
So, whenever you plan your Australia trip, you should make sure that you apply for the visa quite early because it won’t be convenient to turn up at the international airport without having the appropriate form of visa. If that happens, the Australian immigration department has the full right to question you immediately after you land and send you home if they do not find satisfactory answers. Here are some important points to note down regarding working holiday visa.
Working holiday visa processing time and cost
There are specific eligibility requirements and conditions that you should meet to apply for the visa. We will discuss all these in the following sections. If you complete all the necessary criteria, then you can get your visa within 48 hours after your application. But if the authority finds any issues with the given information, then the processing time will delay accordingly. Then, it may take as long as four weeks to get finalized. The application for a working holiday visa to Australia will cost AUD 485, though the price can change at any time so check the price for the Working Holiday visa before applying.
Eligibility Criteria For Working Holiday Visa
These are all general eligibility requirements that you must meet.
- Passport requirement: A working holiday visa is not for any foreign individual. There is a list of countries on the official website of the immigration department. You have to hold a passport from any one of these countries to be eligible. It means you have to check the list before the application.
- Age requirement: Your age must lie between 18 and 30 years. If you come from Canada, French or Ireland, you will have a reason to rejoice. The age limit extends then to 35. One question that applicants frequently ask about age is that if anyone applies for the visa when his or her age is 30 but turns 31 before the department makes any decision, he will still then he or she be eligible to apply. The answer is yes. Similarly, any citizen from the three countries mentioned above can also apply when 35 but turns 36 before a decision is made.
- Records: You should not have entered Australia previously on any working holiday visa. You should have also not met with any visa cancellation or visa refusal.
- Financial requirement: You should have a considerable amount of money to afford while staying in Australia and afford your airfare when you leave the country. The required amount is usually AUD 5000.
- Health requirements: There are specific health requirements that you should meet for a successful application. You should not have any contagious disease like tuberculosis. This is required to ensure the safety of Australian public health. You will also need to take health examinations, and you have to submit those results at the time of your application.
- Character requirements: Besides health requirements, you will also need to submit specific character requirements. The first and foremost requirement is that you should be of good character to score well in the character examination. You will also need to get clearance certificates from Police departments.
- No debts: You should have cleared all the debts to the Australian government, if applicable. If not cleared yet, at least you must arrange for a re-payment.
Latest Blog: Before Lodging Visitor Visa Australia – Check Eligibility, Financial requirement, Document Checklist
Work And Holiday Visa Conditions
Here are some of your working holiday visa conditions that you must comply with during your stay in Australia.
- Limitation to work: You must understand your work rights. You cannot do any job in Australia unless related to your business or the specific job mentioned in your visa application. There are several aspects to this particular condition. Just get a check before you proceed.
- Meeting outstanding public interest criteria: After you enter Australia, you must meet all the outstanding public interest criteria before your visa expires.
- No disruption: Your behaviour should not appear to be disruptive, i.e. you should not do any activity that may harm the natural flow of Australian community life.
- Maintenance of adequate health insurance: Throughout your stay, you should maintain adequate health insurance. You can check that in detail.
- There is no entry before the primary holder enters: You should never forget that you will not be allowed to enter Australia before the person specified in the visa had entered the country. This ‘person’ can be your sponsor or the primary visa holder.
- No further stay: You cannot stay further after your visa expires. For that reason, you cannot apply for a new visa during your stay other than a protection visa.
- Meeting the criteria for the visa grant: You will get a specific amount of grant on your visa. During the entire stay, you must meet the criteria required for the visa grant.
- Must leave before or with the primary holder: Just as you cannot enter before the principal visa holder enters Australia, you should leave Australia before or with that person.
Also Read: Steps To Follow While Applying For Visitor Visa 600 Australia
How To Qualify For A Working Holiday Visa In Australia?
You can apply for a working holiday visa either offline or online. Below are the conditions, failure to meet which may lead to cancellation of your application.
- You should be between 18 and 30 years of age.
- You shouldn’t have any dependent child while you will stay in Australia.
- Your passport should be of an eligible country.
- You shouldn’t have any criminal records.
- You shouldn’t have severe illness or other medical issues.
- The validity of your passport should last at least one year after you apply for the visa.
- You must be outside Australia while applying for the first time. You should also be outside the country at the time of decision.
Which Working Holiday Visa Should I Apply For?
Usually, there are two kinds of visas you can apply for. One is Working Holiday Visa 462, and another is Work and Holiday Visa 417. There are specific eligible countries for these two visas. Both Visa Subclass 462 and subclass 417 allow an individual to remain in Australia for a maximum period of 12 months and work for 6 months. They also allow you to study for 4 months, and you can leave and re-enter Australia whenever you wish as long as your visa is valid.
Here is one crucial point you should keep in mind: if you hold a Working Holiday Visa 417 and do a specific job like harvesting or mining for three months, you will be eligible to apply for the 2nd year working holiday visa.
You Might Like: Entry Requirement and Working Rights on Visitor Visas in Australia
Get Working Holiday Visa With Best Migration Agents
For any queries regarding working holiday visa 417 visa or 462 visa, you can consult with either Immigration Consultant Perth or Migration Agent Perth. They are always ready to help you.